Child of the 80's - Some young guy's view on things

Monday, March 06, 2006

Gut check time

I’m steadily approaching my 29th birthday. Remember when you were a teenager and you told yourself that you would never get out of shape or lose the slim body that you have? It seems like those days were eons away. For the longest time, I couldn’t believe how much I could eat, and not gain a single pound. In fact, I was even amazed when I lost a pound or two during the Christmas season. Today as I look towards my abdominal area I can see a small bulge forming. Not of the cancerous sort, but of the ‘I’m getting fat’ variety. I miss the days that I didn’t have to exercise to keep my shape, but as I’m writing this entry, I’m working out my abs as I do leg lifts in my chair. I suppose the fact that I’m no longer able to participate in Tuesday night floor hockey games and that it is still winter time is adding to the bulge dilemma. Any way, that is all for today as I hear the call of the microwave oven telling me that my frozen meal is now ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home