Child of the 80's - Some young guy's view on things

Monday, February 20, 2006

Street Fighter 2 Challenge

My younger cousin challenged me to a game of Street Fighter 2 Turbo for the Super Nintendo recently. Unfortunately, neither of us still had the copy…until today. After winning an auction on ebay, the game finally appeared on my doorstep. So you probably know what I did this afternoon. Using Ryu, Ken, Guile and Zangief, I completed the game on the hardest level offered. I’m just sharpening my skills for the much anticipated battle. Before when we were young teenagers, my cousin was really good at the game. He could easily beat every one of his friends, but he could never beat me. In fact, I won a couple of real tournaments and ever since then he has wanted to dethrone the champ. We did have a rematch when we were in our late teens, but once again I came out victorious. This weekend is my cousin’s son’s birthday party. He told me that once I get the game, he’ll show me that he’s the true champion of our family. But just like ‘Guile’ says, I’ll show him why he should “stay home and be a family man.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home