Child of the 80's - Some young guy's view on things

Monday, December 05, 2005

Holiday Tree?

I'll be damned if I start calling my Christmas tree and Christmas Lights Holiday tree and Holiday lights. This politcal correctness has gone a bit too far. Over at the American capitol in Washington DC, the big tree with all the decorations is called a Holiday Tree? That's plain stupid, and the white house has already felt a backlash.

I remember when I was in grade 1, I had to perform in a Christmas play. My role was Santa Claus, but the only thing I told my parents was that I have a special performance. I ended up doing my Santa Claus part in a brown suit and a santa hat. All I remember from that play is hearing my older brother in the audience yelling out, "Hey, there's Santa!" and everyone laughing. I was only 6 and I remember the laughing, but I don't remember any emabarassement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home