Child of the 80's - Some young guy's view on things

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Christmas time

Nine more days until Christmas Eve. Ever since I was a little kid, Christmas has been my favourite time of the year, and I'm not just quoting the song. I remember the first time I sat on Santa's lap, I was 5 years old, and he asked me what I wanted. I told him that I wanted a Transformer, and he gave me a wrapped present. When I opened it, lo and behold it was 'Shockwave' of the 'Decepticons.' For the longest time after that, I truly believed with all my heart that Santa was magic. 'Shockwave' was the first and most favourite Transformer that I ever owned.

Every year since I can remember celebrating Christmas, my family always had the privelege of opening the gifts at midnight on Christmas eve. When I say my family, I mean my eighty or so first cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, immidiate family, etc. It's a huge tradition that invloves an immense dinner, music, games, and gift exchange. Usually I'm pretty good at getting my gifts before crunch, but that's not the case this year. I guess I better get off my ass and start mad rush at the malls. Oh well, nine more days to worry.

1 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger Les Mackenzie said...

Shockwave kicked ass! My favorite decepticon by far. Although I liked Starscream second - mainly because on the cartoon he sounded surprisingly like G.I. Joe's "Cobra Commander" ;)

I love finding toys like this for my kids :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home