Child of the 80's - Some young guy's view on things

Friday, December 30, 2005

2006

The new year is just around the corner, so what is everybody's plans? My plans have evolved through the years. Up until I was about 16, New Year's Eve was spent with the family(immediate, cousins, uncles, aunts). That was the time when my older cousins had "other plans" with their friends. Before that, New Years was almost as anticipated as Christmas, minus the gifts. On the millenium celebration, I spent New year's with my girlfriend at the time. After I made her a delicious seafood dinner, we went down to Olympic Plaza to watch the fireworks, and celebrate the new millenium. This year I will be celebrating it with my girlfriend and most likely, future wife.

There was a lot of debate about the new millenium being either 2000 or 2001 since the year 0 is more of an epoch or starting point rather than a year. It's sort of like saying you can't celebrate the race at the start line. So whatever, I just liked the way 2000 looked. Was anybody else surprised that the world's computers didn't crash on Y2K? ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home